Sunday, January 2, 2011

Infosys Recruitment

 Hello Everyone.
I feel proud telling that I recently got placed in the Infosys Technologies through Campus Recruitment process. Though I won't be joining very soon because my one semester is still left. But I am very excited about it especially the Infosys Mysore Campus.

So I want to share my experience with you. The recruitment process consisted of two rounds. One was Aptitude Test and the second was the HR Round. Luckily there was no technical round.

1.Aptitude Test: It consist of two sections-Verbal reasoning and the English test.
The test was not very difficult but requires crucial time management.

Verbal Reasoning:There were questions like figure completion. Then there were direction question like A facing north move 50 km to right. Then turning left move 30km and so on. The best way to solve such questions is to draw the appropriate diagram.Then we had data interpretation question. A table with some data was given and followed by some questions related to it. I personally found that tough for me. Next was related to data sufficiency and syllogisms. I would suggest to follow R S Aggarwal Verbal and Non Verbal Book. That is sufficient. Do only above questions. No need to do all if currently you are focusing on cracking Infy only.

English Test: This section requires the basic knowledge of English concept like tenses, use of prepositions etc. Firstly there were questions to find the correct sentence out of four given options. We have to choose grammatically correct sentence that goes the closest to the situation. Then the other set of question consist of sentence with some part underlined. We were to find the correct alternative for the underlined part out of four given options. Earlier it seemed that every given option can be the answer, but then a closer look at the options gave me a clue of the minor difference between each clue. Good concentration and faster reading  was required. Then fill in the sentence out of options given. They were simple preposition filling sentences that require very basic knowledge. Then were questions of theme detection and next followed the two RC paras. They were very lengthy. The trick to do such questions is to first read the questions carefully and then gradually read the paragraph trying to find the answer of the question. Do it as fast as possible. But do it very carefully.

1.HR Interview: After the aptitude test, we were called for the HR process. 7 to 8 interviews were going on simultaneously. One interviewer for one interviewee. They all were very nice and very friendly. My interviewer just discussed my project and my hobbies with me. We discussed many other topics also while discussing the project like from google to wikipedia and so on. Then asked some questions related to my hobbies that I wrote in my resume. Friends just stay prepared for any dam question from your resume. Never ever try to bluff in your resume because you'll be caught very easily. They are very experienced people. And just stay confident and cool. At the end, the interviewer gave me a chance to ask a question from him. I asked him about the job responsibilities of a system engineer of an Infosyian for which I was being interviewed. He explained everything in a detail. That was a pretty nice experience.

Wishing everyone all the very best.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information and congratulations..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are just overjoyed to post your interview process. And I think how friendly your interview goes just depends on the person who is taking your interview because when I appeared for interview I was asked technical questions for above 45 minutes, I thought they don't want to select me though I was giving best answers. By the way I opted to study further than joining. Just for an advise I'll say don't get overjoyed and congrats.

    Creating Comments To Increase Your Visitor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nrupen for your wishes.
    well you are right. I am overjoyed. Actually that was the first time I've ever appeared for any interview and to my surprise I got through it very easily. So was not able to control my feelings and shared my experience over here.
    And yes I completely agree with what you say. I was indeed very lucky.

    ReplyDelete